As the Senior Accountant, you will be assisting with the maintenance of the General Ledger and Sub-ledgers as well as preparing the monthly financial reports for Management. Senior Accountant will have full cycle accounting exposure. The Senior Accountant manages the functions and duties in a fast-paced, high-volume, and dynamic environment.
- Manage the Cost of Goods Sold process for items purchased for resale to customers. Ensure proper matching of costs with revenue. Establish best practices processes and controls for all vendor payables.
- Establish and manage the sales tax process including invoicing, tracking, filing and remitting taxes to appropriate taxing jurisdictions.
- Maintain the sub-ledgers for fixed assets and leasehold improvements. Record asset additions and disposals. Maintain depreciation schedules.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations, journal entries, supporting schedules and analysis to support the monthly and yearly close process.
- Cross train to support client billing, revenue, and receivables functions.
- Assist with creating new internal accounting policies and maintain/update existing policies.
- Help with gathering information for audits and tax preparation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 4-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in Sales tax reporting and compliance.
- Proficient skills in NetSuite preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Power BI is a plus.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and friendly and extroverted personality.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness when creating solutions and solving problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion to deliver a high level of customer service.
- Eagerness to participate in a highly collaborative and highly energized team environment.
- Strong business insight and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and external partners at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits that include dental and vision plans
- 401(k) with match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Referral bonus program
- Be part of a dynamic growing company that offers a meaningful and fun work environment